How to Come Back to Aerial Arts After a Long Break
You took a long break from aerial arts? Tisk, Tisk…
KIDDING!! We totally understand that life things come up. School, work, vacations, and family can all effect your workout routine. When you’re ready to get back to it though, we’re here for you!
First things first, stop beating yourself up about your hiatus. You had a very valid life thing, remember?
If you were working at a beginner’s level before your break then Beginning Aerial would be your best first step toward helping your body to remember how to use its muscles.
If you were working at an intermediate-advanced level before your break and you believe that a Level 1, 2, or 3 class would be a more appropriate fit, email email@example.com to schedule a 15-minute evaluation or a Private Lesson with an instructor. In some cases it could suffice to submit pre-hiatus training videos.
If you still have questions, just call us and talk to a person!
Once you’re in class,
- The hardest part of showing up is DUNZO! *high five*
- Have fun noticing that you’re in an aerial studio again.
- Research your body. Execute every exercise and skill as if for the first time and notice what you feel. This is especially true for those coming back after injury or pregnancy. Your body simply ISN’T the same as it was before but it IS just as beautiful and capable of excelling in aerial arts.
- Be open to surprising yourself with “aha” moments.
- Love yourself for everything your body can still do, everything it will be able to do again, and everything it doesn’t yet know it can do! 😉
After your first class back, welcome that delicious soreness that you will feel for a couple of days. Then come back to class the next week and tell us all about it!