- This event has passed.
Auditions: KC Aerial Arts’ Training Company ‘20-’21 Season
September 12, 2020 - September 20, 2020
CALLING ALL CIRCUS ARTISTS, GYMNASTS, AND DANCERS! We’d like to invite performers aged 9-120 to audition for the ‘20-’21 season with our performance Training Company.
Program Dates: October 1, 2020 – May 31 2021 Email Kelsey Aicher, Training Company Director at email@example.com no later than Friday, August 23rd in order to participate.
AUDITION DETAILS: This year, auditions will be held virtually!
- ROUND 1: Submit a video of your act 1.5-3 minutes in length filmed sometime within the past six months to kelsey@
kansascityaerialarts.com no later than Saturday, September 12th. The routine can be in any performance discipline and should highlight your abilities as a performer. Think story and character.
- ROUND 2: Performers who are selected after the first round will be invited to an in-person strength and flexibility evaluation on Sunday, September 20th.
PROGRAM DETAILS: October 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021
*option to extend for the summer season (which includes performing in KC Fringe Fest)
- An untitled production consisting of solos, duets, and a few group pieces will be filmed at Union Station November 16-22, 2020. Casting is open to all members. Participation is optional.
- Smaller performance opportunities are spread throughout the year. Members will be notified of these events via email from the Director or Assistant Program Director.
- All company members are eligible for all KCAA Training Company gigs, but are not guaranteed to be cast in EVERYTHING
- What you get:
- Quality instruction from KC Aerial Arts coaches
- Development of multiple circus disciplines
- Guidance in creating at least 1 solo act
- Opportunity to work with guest instructors
- Guidance for meeting short-term and long-term goals (incl. prep for circus schools and auditions)
- Safe space to artistically experiment
- Strong, close community of all ages.
- Tuition is $150/month (we have work trade options available to reduce the cost) which covers:
- Full company rehearsals (every Sunday 3-5p)
- Small group rehearsals (depends on casting)
- 2 Weekly Act Development class
- Production costs
- Company members are required to:
- Train at KCAA (in the studio or via a Zoom class) at least two times per week. Training sessions include skills classes, fitness classes, Act Development classes, independent training sessions, private lessons, and small group rehearsals.
- Time commitment varies depending Spring production casting. The bare minimum commitments (technique class, Sunday rehearsal, and Act Development) come out to five hours per week, whereas someone cast in multiple scenes might put in about ten hours per week once rehearsals are in full-swing.
For questions of more information about what it’s like to be in our Training Company, contact Kelsey Aicher, Training Company Director. Kelsey@kansascityaerialarts.com