- This event has passed.
Auditions: KC Aerial Arts’ Training Company ‘19-‘20 Season
August 25, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CALLING ALL CIRCUS ARTISTS, GYMNASTS, AND DANCERS! We’d like to invite performers aged 9-120 to audition for the ‘19-‘20 season with our performance Training Company.
Program Dates: September 1, 2019 – May 31 2020 Email Kelsey Aicher, Training Company Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 23rd in order to participate.
AUDITION DETAILS: Sunday, August 25th 3-5p at KC Aerial Arts Part One. Each participant presents a 60-90 second solo in their discipline of choice (aerial, dance, acrobatics, clowinging, contortion, juggling, etc.) Part Two. Strength and Flexibility evaluations. *Applicants do NOT need to be a KC Aerial Arts student, but they should be intermediate or advanced in their discipline.
PROGRAM DETAILS: September 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020
*option to extend for the summer season (which includes performing in KC Fringe Fest)
- Annual Spring Production in April at City Stage in Union Station Peek inside last year’s show, “Masked! A Superhero Love Story”
- Average of 2 smaller gigs per month ‘18-‘19 season included: Amy Thompson Run, The Bacchus Ball, Briar Fest, KC Chinese Association Spring Gala, Jazzoo, JDRF One Walk, National Dance Week, Sunset Music Fest
- All company members are eligible for all KCAA Training Company gigs, but are not guaranteed to be cast in EVERYTHING
- What you get:
- Quality instruction from KC Aerial Arts coaches
- Development of multiple circus disciplines
- Guidance in creating at least 1 solo act
- Opportunity to work with guest instructors
- Guidance for meeting short-term and long-term goals (incl. prep for circus schools and auditions)
- Safe space to artistically experiment
- Strong, close community of all ages.
- Tuition is $150/month (we have work trade options available to reduce the cost) which covers:
- Full company rehearsals (every Sunday 3-5p)
- Small group rehearsals (depends on casting)
- Unlimited open gym time
- Weekly Act Development class
- Production costs
- Company members are required to:
- Attend 2 aerial conditioning classes per month (not included in tuition)
- Attend 1 technique class or private lesson per week (not included in tuition)
- Submit an additional one-time costume fee of $200 to cover the costs of solo costume (keep) and other production costumes (rent)
- Time commitment varies depending Spring production casting. The bare minimum commitments (technique class, Sunday rehearsal, and Act Development) come out to five hours per week, whereas someone cast in multiple scenes might put in about ten hours per week once rehearsals are in full-swing.
For questions of more information about what it’s like to be in our Training Company, contact Kelsey Aicher, Training Company Director. Kelsey@kansascityaerialarts.com