Aerial Arts Classes for Everyone: What to Expect in Your First Class
Written by Samantha Davis
Aerial arts is not just for “other people.” It is for all people and that totally includes YOU!
We understand, however, that showing up for your first Beginning Aerial class can be intimidating, so here’s what you can expect:
- A friendly face at the front desk to get you checked in and cubbies to hold your shoes, jewelry, and other belongings.
- Group warm-up for 10 minutes, arguably the most important part of class and an excellent reason to arrive on time.
- The remaining 50 minutes are split evenly between aerial silks and aerial trapeze.
- Expect to receive clear and qualified instruction from a passionate coach.
- Expect to discover muscles you’ve never used before.
- Expect to exercise your body AND your brain.
- At the end of class, your coach will assign a “cool down.” Care about this. It is just as important for your body as the warm-up.
- Now that class is over, you are addicted to aerial. Congratulations!
To-do after Beginning Aerial class:
- Replenish your body with food and water.
- Stretch when you get home that evening and again the next morning. You will be sore.
- Continue to drink lots of water in the next couple of days.
- Plus, salt baths are great AND great for you!